Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Engagement - 4th September, 2010

We arrived safely at my Mom's place on the Friday (3rd September, 2010). I was exhausted after travelling 4 hours to Johannesburg airport from Crystal Springs, then flying to Durban and driving again to Pietermaritzburg, what was meant to be a 1hour 30min drive, it took us I think close to 2hours 30mins to get back home - SO many accidents etc on the way and the highway was blocked with cars to km's it seemed!

The evening of the 3rd went very quickly for me, I was in bed early while Dustin chatted up a storm with my Mom... like I think every other night after until he left!! :)

THE DAY!!
- how it all happened...

On Saturday (4th September, 2010) morning my Mom and Melissa went shopping, I sat in the lounge waiting for Dustin to get himself ready. He came to sit next to me, he pulled me closer to him, wrapped his arms around me and told me how much he loved me, etc. (etc. because everything up to the question is a blur for me now LOL), got onto one knee, pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him... Yes not VERY romantic, but we were at my Mom's place and I think he knew he had limited time before my Mom and Melissa got back :) it was however, very special to me and I will obviously ALWAYS remember it!!





THE RING....


My Mom had already organized for the family to come over for a braai (BBQ) on the Sunday, and now that we were engaged she asked family friends to come along too... It was such an awesome day and I was so pleased that Dustin got to meet my "crazy" family I love so much!!

Here are a few pics of the people he met...

SUNDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER, 2010 - MEETING THE FAMILY AND FAMILY FRIENDS....

Dustin and I....

Rosanna, Craig, Myself and Dustin

Aunty Sheryl (Mom's Sister) and I....

My Mom and I....

Aunty Sheryl (Mom's Sister), Myself and Mom....

Melissa (my sister) and I....

Myself, Dustin, Uncle Alan and Debbie (family friends)....

Our Family minus Hayley who is in America Au Pairing at the moment, she is due back in November this year, and we are all SO excited to have her back. (I have put an oldish pic of her next to us (to make the family pic whole... haha), she'll kill me but hey, LOL...)

Cands and I....

The family minus Craig (who is taking the pic), Hayley, Scott (Cousin, A. Sheryl & U. Daves son) and Adelle (Scotts girlfriend)....

Back : James (Candy's Husband), Uncle Dave (A. Sheryls Husband), Shaun (Cousin - A. Sheryl & U. Daves Son), Uncle Roy (Mom's Brother)
Middle : A. Rose (U. Roys Wife), Granny Gets (A. Roses Mom), Candy (Cousin - A. Rose & U.Roys daughter), Melissa, Mom, Rosanna (Craigs Wife), Aunty Sheryl.
Front : Myself, Dustin, A. Sheryl

Our family funny pic :D....

Myself and Mrs Lopera....

Mr Lopera, Melissa, Mrs Lopera, Mrs Livingston, Mom, Dustin and Myself (Family Friends)....

On Monday (6th September, 2010), Mom, Melissa, Dustin and myself all went out for dinner. We ended up at RJ's and had a delicous meal....

OUR LAST NIGHT TOGETHER UNTIL JANUARY 2011....


So that sums up the start of what I know is going to be a beautiful life together!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for both of you. You are such a cute couple. I can't wait for you to get married and move out this way. Glad you got your blog template sorted. Sorry I never got around to helping you... sick family made things crazy here last few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carla :) I can't wait to move out that way and get married too!! It took me I don't know how long to get it sorted - not sure how I even ended up unzipping the file! LOL but i'm happy it's done now... Shame, hope you all get better soon!

    ReplyDelete