Saturday, July 21, 2012

World Vision ~ I Sponsor Two Little Girls....

As many of you know, I decided to sponsor two children through World Vision last year. I have always been affected by seeing the poverty in some countries, and with me being a South African, I thought where else to sponsor a child/children but from a country you come from and know so well. So I chose two girls in an African country called Senegal. Their names are Amy (5) and Mbenda (5).

I have received two letters from them (well written by their helper at World Vision) and I have written letters to them and sent out one Birthday Card already, the other birthday card near the end of the year! It is so exciting for me to do this and know I am helping a child, or in my case children out.

While I still need to write my second letter back to the girls, I have also made up a fun package to send them each. I just got some colored markers, pencil crayons, a pen, a pencil, fun sharpener and fun eraser, and put them into a cute pencil case, with a pad of paper. They both love to draw me little pictures, so I thought it would be nice to send them some colorful things that they would enjoy and have for themselves. I can't wait to get the packages off to them and hear how they like them :)

Help sponsor a child. Go here, it only costs $75 a month.

Here are two pics of the packages I've made for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment